Lowongan Kerja JPO - UNAIDS Programme Analyst United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) April 2018
JPO - UNAIDS Programme Analyst
Practice Area - Job Family
HIV and Health - STRATEGIC INFORMATION FOR ADVOCACY AND POLICY DEVELOPMENT
Vacancy End Date
(Midnight New York, USA)
31d 12h 27m
Education & Work Experience
I-Master's Level Degree - 2 year(s) experience
FTA International (JPO)
Asia & the Pacific
Initially one year with the possibility to extend up to 3 years
This post is opened in the context of the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) scheme sponsored by the Government of the Netherlands and is addressed exclusively to people with the Dutch nationality. For criteria see the website of Nedworc Foundation:
Please read the criteria and FAQ section carefully before considering applying
UNAIDS Indonesia is committed to support fast tracking the national HIV response in Indonesia. Key focus of UNAIDS is to respond to program barriers that impede scale up of HIV prevention, testing, treatment and viral suppression for all those who need the services. The current priorities of UCO Indonesia include strengthening strategic information for advocacy and development of key policies; addressing service barriers and human rights violations against the key populations (MSM, TG, female sex workers, people who use drugs and young key population representatives) and improving national performance against program targets (prevention, test, treatment and viral suppression). Support is sought to contribute to UCO Indonesia capacity to respond to needs expressed by key partners of the national response.
Provide leadership and coordinate support for an expanded UN system response to support countries towards ending the AIDS epidemic as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. To promote, support and provide guidance to national partners and the UN system in reaching Global AIDS targets by 2020 with a Fast-Track approach to rapidly scale up HIV services focused on populations and in locations most affected by the epidemic. Promote effective use of strategic information and documentation of trends on the epidemic and the response as well as provide intellectual leadership on the status of the response to HIV in the country. Support rights-based and gender transformative HIV response in order to successfully reach 90-90-90 targets and end HIV as public health threat in Indonesia.
Upon completion of the assignment the JPO will have/ will be able to:
- Fully understand the HIV/AIDS missions, objectives and operations of UNAIDS and its Cosponsors in Indonesia;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the national HIV epidemic at country and regional level with regard to epidemiology, key M&E concepts, risk management and legal issues;
- Demonstrate competence in ‘translating’ strategic information into national interventions in particular with regard to Prevention, Care and Treatment for vulnerable groups;
- Follow up discussions on technical issues on HIV & AIDS with counterparts in order to help promoting AIDS policies and programs, at national level.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the AIDS epidemic in Indonesia and its implications
- Demonstrate proficiency in the development of the UN Joint Program and in the application of the ‘Fast-Track’ objectives through 90-90-90 targets.
The JPO training programme includes the following learning elements:
- On-the-job training, through closely supervised assignments
- Access to diverse expertise within the UN Joint Team on HIV and AIDS, working with the diverse members
- Exposure to senior management discussions and events, across UN, government and civil society
- Dedicated travel to counties, as per available budget
- The JPO position includes a Duty travel and training allowance (DTTA) of $4000 per year which may be used for learning activities related to the assignment and career development.
Duties and Responsibilities Responsibility 1:
Strengthening use of strategic information for advocacy and policy development
Summary of duties and expected output
- Support the collection, identification and management of strategic information and data from epidemiological reports and projections/estimates
- Contribute to efforts to support national M&E partners to strengthen their capacity to analyse and prepare data for informing program implementation
- Support efforts to develop info-graphics and attractive materials to facilitate easy use of data to inform program planning and resource allocation.
Addressing service and legal barriers
Summary of duties and expected output
- Support efforts to respond to service and legal barriers or human rights violations of key population groups and PLHIV
- Contribute to research, surveys and training/skills building around barriers to services and human rights awareness
Fast Track prevention, testing, treatment and viral suppression scale up
Summary of duties and expected output
- Contribute to development of strategic plans, standard operating procedures and approaches to identify innovation and different strategies to fast track the HIV response
- Contribute to conduct of program effectiveness review
- Support the finalization of reports and documentation of lessons learned.
Competencies UNAIDS values:
- Knowledge of the AIDS epidemic, globally and its implications
- Understanding of the UN system of organizations and their delivery mechanisms
- Commitment to the AIDS response
- Respect for diversity
- Working in teams
- Communicating with impact
- Applying expertise
- Delivering results
- Driving change and innovation
- Being accountable
- Exercising sound judgement
- Building relationships and Networks
Required Skills and Experience Education:
- Advanced University degree at Master’s level in international development, social or physical sciences, public heath, management or similar academic preparation.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience (maximum of 4 years) preferably in programmes’ management or private sector at the national or international levels, experience in data analysis and coordination.
- Advanced level of English and/or other UN official language depending on duty station.
- Knowledge of another UN official language will be an asset
- This post is opened in the context of the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) scheme sponsored by the Government of the Netherlands and is addressed exclusively to people with the Dutch nationality. For criteria see the website of Nedworc Foundation: http://www.nedworcfoundation.nl/Index.htm?hoofdpath=/NL/JPO/General%20Information.htm&hoofdhash
For further details, please visit: http://www.jposc.undp.org/content/jposc/en/home/for-partner-countries/current-partner-countries/partner-country-thenetherlands.html
Disclaimer Important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Posted at 2018-02-22 7:03 Lamar
Lamar Sekarang x
Masukkan nama dan email Anda untuk mendapatkan informasi terbaru seputar lowongan kerja dari Lokeronline.info ke email Anda.
Laporkan Lowongan x
Jika menurut Anda lowongan ini terindikasi merupakan penipuan, silahkan laporkan melalui form di bawah ini: