Lowongan Kerja Stakeholder Engagement Officer for Sustainable Palm Oil Initiative (SPOI) ActiveUnited Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Jakarta Februari 2018
Indonesia, as the world’s largest producer of palm oil, has received much attention in recent years particularly from the global community concerning the sustainability of its palm oil production. The rapid growth of palm oil production globally has at times come at the expense of forested areas. Fifty-six per cent of the oil palm plantations in Indonesia have replaced forests (Koh & Wilcove 2008), most significantly in the provinces of North Sumatra, Riau and Jambi, and the south-western borders of Kalimantan (Romijin et al. 2013). Continued deforestation adds significant environmental pressures on ecologically sensitive areas, with extensive impacts on biodiversity, habitat fragmentation, land degradation and soil erosion.
To address the concern of the international community, the Government of Indonesia (GoI) has taken steps towards building a greener economy that promotes growth, equity, improved livelihood and environmental integrity including in the palm oil sector. Aiming to support the government’s actions, UNDP has been working together with the Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture to achieve the country’s goals of sustainable palm oil production through the Sustainable Palm Oil Initiative (SPOI). The initiative comprises of several objectives: (1) Strengthening smallholder capacity through increased productivity and better environmental management (2) Supporting the Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO) system (3) Facilitating social responsibility through local communities and enhancing mediation (4) Reinforcing the ISPO framework by clarifying ISPO standards for wider acceptance, and (5) Establishing multi-stakeholder platforms on sustainable palm oil.
Starting in 2015, the SPOI project and the UNDP is working with the Ministry of Agriculture and the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs to develop a National Action Plan (NAP) for Sustainable Palm Oil. The NAP focuses on addressing the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of the challenges in the palm oil sector. It is focusing on 4 work streams: (1) building smallholder capacity, (2) environmental management and monitoring, (3) Conflict Resolution and Governance, and (4) Increasing ISPO Certification and Market Access.
To increase the NAPs chance for acceptance and sustainable success, it needs an enthusiastic and committed Stakeholder Engagement Officer.
The Stakeholder Engagement Officer (SEF) will report to the Forum Kelapa Sawit Berkelanjutan (FOKSBI) Platform Manager and keep this person updated on meetings, progress and deliverables. The SEF will also work with the SPOI Project Manager and with the National Project Director.
Objective - In ensuring an effective and sustainable implementation of activities under Indonesia’s National Action Plan on Sustainable Palm Oil, UNDP seeks to hire a services contract on Stakeholder Engagement Officer to Support NAP Implementation.
Under a direct supervision and coordination of the Indonesia Platform Manager, the SEF will support the overseeing of the works of the Indonesia Multi-Stakeholders Platform, focusing on stakeholder engagement, development of provincial and district action plan to:
(i) Create buy-in and support from stakeholder on the Sustainable Palm Oil National Action that is chaired by the Ministry of Agriculture and the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs.
(ii) Report back to the Platform Manager and Project Manager on the stakeholder engagement process and develop strategies and approaches so that the NAP is supported with sufficient funding and direct support from the key stakeholders above.
(iii) Manage and monitor the progress of activities related to provincial action plan development and implementation in order to ensure the activities are completed in a timely, consultative and efficient manner
Duties and Responsibilities
To ensure the achievement of the outputs and activities of stakeholder engagement, He/She will be responsible for developing, managing, and carrying out the following:
- Support the management and monitoring of the implementation of project activities related with platform on sustainable palm oil at national, provincial, and district level.
- Manage and monitor the progress of activities related to provincial action plan development and implementation in order to ensure the activities are completed in a timely, consultative and efficient manner.
- Arrange meetings with Indonesian palm oil sector stakeholders (palm oil companies, donors, NGOs) to introduce FoKSBI and NAP, in order to get their buy in and commitment to support FoKSBI and NAP.
- Create strategic partnerships and maintain the relationships with potential key stakeholders for the resource mobilization of NAP implementation.
- Attract and engage key donors to support the NAP implementation, in collaboration with the National Communications Officer, select the relevant key good practices, success stories, project brief or relevant knowledge products, these products will be used as tool to promote the NAP for each of key existing or potential donors/stakeholders. These products will be developed based on the needs and priorities of the key potential donors/stakeholders.
- Maintain the Indonesia Sustainable Palm Oil project’s mapping and the frequent communication with key stakeholders at national and sub-national level in NAP, PAP, and DAP development and implementation to ensure good quality and timely project delivery
- Assist the NPM and Platform Manager in monitoring progress of the SPOI project and its activities by reviewing, verifying and analysing work-plans, progress reports, final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness. Ensure knowledge building and knowledge sharing with key stakeholders and provincial team. Disseminate information on programmes through publications and press releases.
- Conduct trainings and knowledge exchange sessions in areas of his/her knowledge, as required.
- Brief UNDP/SPOI/FOKSBI specialists, advisors, associate experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on programme matters.
- Represent the UNDP/SPOI/FOKSBI in relevant working groups and donor meetings and other meetings related with palm oil in Indonesia and facilitate collaboration with national and international agencies in the relevant area.
- Undertake missions to programme sites, normally accompanying other officials.
- Provide any other support platform manager needs to optimize participation and commitment of all platform members
- Provide any other support national project manager needs to optimize project reporting requirement.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Preparing information for advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP’s mandate
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining a network of contacts
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Enhancing processes or products
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
- Preparing information for global advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society, to promote a
Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in development studies, business or economics, or a related discipline.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years or a Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant working experience in in the area of project management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiarity with the UN and its work with partners will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of sustainable business, palm oil value chain issues, and policy development will be an advantage.
- Proven experience in writing reports in Indonesian and English.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
- Demonstrated strong familiarity with development projects;
- Knowledge of programme and budget management, project administration and evaluation concepts and procedures and of the mandate and palm oil sectors
- Knowledge of the office’s financial rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of the context and challenges for the project areas of expertise
- Strong analytical skills and ability to justify requirements and approaches to problem resolution and good drafting skills
- Good ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyse problems with implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to clarify information.
- Demonstrate collaborative and team work experience and ability to work effectively with a multicultural and interdisciplinary team as well as work on his/her own initiative
- Ability to work independently, quickly, precisely, and take initiative and responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet the deadline
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, web-browsers and database applications
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
- Shares knowledge – Shares important or relevant knowledge and information formally (e.g. workshops, seminars) or informally (e.g. conversations with colleagues); promotes knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise, coordinate and work with NGOs, private sector, an in particular, government entities;
- Good organizational skills, with strong experience in organizing and facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings and workshops;
- Excellent ability in writing reports, summarizing papers, and delivering presentations to international and national audiences;
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills;
- Full time availability is essential; and
- Up-to-date computer skills required.
Lamar Sekarang x
Masukkan nama dan email Anda untuk mendapatkan informasi terbaru seputar lowongan kerja dari Lokeronline.info ke email Anda.
Laporkan Lowongan x
Jika menurut Anda lowongan ini terindikasi merupakan penipuan, silahkan laporkan melalui form di bawah ini:
Lowongan Kerja Lainnya
Lowongan Kerja Production Planning Inventory Control Warung Pintar Jakarta 2018-02-19 12:27
Umur maksimal 25 tahun, berpengalaman magang atau kerja di bidang relevan. Pendidikan minimal D3, teknik industri / teknik mesin / Dsb....
Lowongan Kerja Field Surveyor Officer Warung Pintar Jakarta 2018-02-19 12:27
Are you a startup enthusiast looking for a new challenge and disrupt the industry? Do you think you are capable of working in a fast and agile environment of...
Lowongan Kerja SELL THRU MANAGER Tempo Scan Pacific Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:39
Computer literate ( MS Office Program ); Responsible for the day-to-day running of stores with the aim is to maximize profits while minimizing costs....
Lowongan Kerja JUNIOR BRAND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER Tempo Scan Pacific Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:39
Berpengalaman minimal 4 tahun di marketing produk farmasi OTC atau consumer goods, 1 tahun di level manager atau 3 tahun di level assistant manager....
Lowongan Kerja BRANCH MANAGER - DIVISI DISTRIBUSI Tempo Scan Pacific Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:40
Pria, berusia 30 – 40 tahun; Memiliki pengalaman sebagai branch manager di industri consumer goods / farmasi, minimal 5 tahun....
Lowongan Kerja BRAND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER Tempo Scan Pacific Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:40
Berpengalaman minimal 5 tahun menangani brand development untuk produk consumer goods, 3 tahun di level managerial....
Lowongan Kerja PRODUCT MANAGER Tempo Scan Pacific Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:40
Berpengalaman minimal 4 tahun di marketing produk farmasi OTC / consumer goods, dan 1 tahun di level manajerial atau 3 tahun di level assistant manager....
Lowongan Kerja Banquet Server Marriott International, Inc Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:22
Start Your Journey With Us At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that...
Lowongan Kerja Event Staff PT. Sinergi Global Semesta Jakarta 2018-02-19 13:18
Mencari klien2 yang terkait dengan penyelenggaraan even kegiatan offline. Tugas dan Tanggung Jawab Mencari klien untuk menyelenggarakan event kegiatan offline....
Lowongan Kerja Training Associate Grab Taxi Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:09
Get to know the Role: This role is responsible in day to day training activities for newbie segmentation include develop plans and methodologies for newbie...
Lowongan Kerja Customer Service (Call Agent) RPX Group Jakarta 2018-02-19 12:27
Handle customer inquiries and complaints trough phone in order to provide excellent service and information to customer. Fluent in English (Speaking and...
Lowongan Kerja Admin Assistant to Sales & Marketing Marriott International, Inc Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:22
Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Start Your Journey With Us....
Lowongan Kerja Admin and Finance Officer Harapan Infiniti Mulia Jakarta 2018-02-19 12:27
Advanced skill in Accounting Software and MS Office. Manage Financial and Administrative functions of the operations....
Lowongan Kerja Quality Assurance / Quality Control Warung Pintar Jakarta 2018-02-19 12:27
Pendidikan minimal D3, Teknik industri/ teknik mesin. Umur maksimal 25, berpengalaman magang atau kerja di bidang relevan....
Lowongan Kerja Marketing Manager for Camera Reeracoen Indonesia Jakarta 2018-02-19 10:45
•Develop marketing strategy and objective •Develop and launch new product & brand line extension. •Create brand competitiveness & growth •Ensure continuous...
Lowongan Kerja Social Media Content Production PT. Sinergi Global Semesta Jakarta 2018-02-19 13:18
Persyaratan Mampu mengoperasikan peralatan produksi gambar atau video. Memiliki pengalaman di dalam membuat memproduksi content gambar video....
Lowongan Kerja IS Project Manager Grab Taxi Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:09
Get to know the Role: He/She will be part of the Information System [IS] team, which focus to manage system and technology operation related to process and...
Lowongan Kerja Staff Sales Admin Duta Rantai Mas Jakarta 2018-02-19 12:27
Wanita, maksimal 30 tahun. Kandidat harus memiliki pendidikan minimal SMU/SMK semua jurusan. Input data request of incoming and outgoing price....
Lowongan Kerja TRADE MARKETING MANAGER ( COSMETIC ) Tempo Scan Pacific Jakarta 2018-02-19 11:39
Fluent in English and excellent Computer literate ( MS Office Program ); Create innovative & creative program with Key Outlets, monitor and analyze the result....
Lowongan Kerja Warehouse Manager Warung Pintar Jakarta 2018-02-19 12:27
Job Description: Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel...